Are you not that comfortable inside your home anymore? Are your utility
bills steadily increasing every year? These are only 2 signs that you
may need air conditioner replacement. Replacing your unit offers several benefits.
- Fewer expensive repairs. Money spent on expensive repairs of an old air
conditioner could instead be going to a new, more efficient system. Sum
up your repair bills for the past two or so years. If it’s higher
than the cost of a new system, then it’s better to get a new one.
- Lower monthly energy bills. Are electricity bills from cooling your home
straining your monthly budget? As power supplies decrease and production
demand and costs rise, the cost of electricity is bound to increase. New
air conditioners are progressively getting more efficient. When the efficiency
of a new air conditioner is combined with the sealing or replacement of
a leaky ductwork, you can save lots of money on your monthly electricity bills.
- Better comfort. Do you have hot areas in your home during the summer season?
Does your oversized air conditioner turn on and off fast, but leave the
air inside the rooms feeling damp? A new unit will provide more comfort
to the home. An air conditioner with too much capacity turns on and off
too fast, which does not allow time to effectively condition the air.
If your system has leaking ducts or is undersized, it will often not cool
adequately in certain or all areas.
- Quieter operation. Both indoor and outside units have gotten a lot quieter
in the past years.
- With a quieter new unit, you can enjoy the areas nearest your air conditioner.
- Tax credits, rebates and special financing offers. To benefit from the
tax credits, special financing offers and rebates from your local air
conditioner contractor or manufacturers, you’ll likely need to buy
a new unit. Financial incentives are usually not offered on unit repairs.
- Greater reliability. Breakdowns of older systems tend to happen during
the period of heaviest usage – on the hottest days when you need
air conditioning the most. With a new unit, you don’t have to worry
about such matters.
- Improved air quality. Investing in an air conditioner replacement means
you’re also taking the necessary steps to improve the quality of
air in your home. A new unit filters out more pollutants and allergens
from circulating, which keeps your home a lot cleaner. As allergens are
gradually eliminated and dust levels are lessened, you’ll find that
the air is easier and cleaner to breathe.
Improve the quality of air within your home and save money with an air
conditioner replacement. Tax credits, rebates and financial incentives
make upgrading more reasonable and you’ll save even more through
reduced energy costs. The new units are more energy-efficient and reliable
than before and you can also take advantage of new warranties offered
by manufacturers. Replacing your present system might be the answer to
the comfort issues you’re facing right now.